AdditionalStreamingArguments and AdditionalGenericArguments don't seem to be used in any way by the framework.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
As per the title, what are AdditionalStreamingArguments and AdditionalGenericArguments for? They don't seem to serve any purpose, and there doesn't seem to be any way at all to pass arguments to Hadoop streaming job (e.g. -inputformat).
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM
For passing inputformat, you should be able to use AdditionalGeneric argument to pass inputformat (see here for an example. I believe the distinction between streaming argument and generic argument refers to the fact that at the command line level, you need to organize all of the streaming arguments first, and then you can pass generic arguments. I think @maxluk was investigating some of this this past week so I'll check with him as well.

--matt
Jun 16, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Thanks for the response.
I was in the same understanding that that's what they were supposed to do (particularly from several examples out there), however it doesn't look like AdditionalStreamingArguments nor AdditionalGenericArguments are actually being used by the sdk at the moment. It's never used in the execution, and looking at the source-code, those 2 properties are never referenced at all.